Are you looking to improve your volleyball skills, take your game to a higher competitive level, or just learn the beach game while getting a great workout and having a blast? Whether you are brand new to beach volleyball, or you are a competitive beach player who wants to get to the next level, there is no better or faster way to improve your skills then by training in the sand with Stingray Beach. In 2011 SBVB was started to offer a high level of sand volleyball instruction in a high performance and fun setting for junior girls ages 10 through college. SBVB also leads fitness training for each player.
Plans are underway for season 10! Building on our success in 2020. Training and home tournaments will take place at the Stingray Volleyball Complex, a great setting for the whole family for a day of sand volleyball. Stingray Beach is an official club of AAU Volleyball. We are the first sand club in the state of Oklahoma. Est.2011
BENEFITS OF PLAYING BEACH VOLLEYBALL
Stingray Beach offers a tremendous opportunity for juniors to improve their game by becoming proficient in all phases of the game. Instead of training to become the best front row or back row player like many players are forced to while playing the indoor game, you will learn to become proficient at all phases of the game. Sand volleyball strengthens your lower body and your core and the sand’s shock absorption make injuries a lot less likely and less jarring than the indoor game.
We will work with our players on the skills of the game and the strategy of the game. In addition, we will teach you how to think on your feet. Rather than just going to a base position on the court every time you will learn how to think your way through a match and learn to pick up tendencies of your opponents to better defend your side of the court. We look forward to working with your young athletes.
A FEW FAST FACTS ABOUT THE UPCOMING SEASON
- All players must have a current AAU membership. Use club code: WYADFC
- Group training based on age and level of ability
- Training Schedule(Starting June 1, 2021)
- 18U-16U: Monday-Thursday 9:00 AM-11:00 AM
- 14U-12U: Monday-Thursday 6:00 PM-8:00 PM
- Tournaments cost: $25 – $50 per player
- Training sessions will start Thursday, May 10, 2021
Sessions will end July 15, 2021
- July 21-25 —AAU National Championship Hermosa Beach, CA
- July 26-29 -AAU Jr. Olympic Beach Nationals Hermosa Beach, CA
2021 TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE
- May 15-16 BVNE College Get Noticed Showcase … register here: https://volleyballlife.com/tournament/1549
- June 5-6 – Battle of the Bay … register here: https://volleyballlife.com/tournament/2674
- June 12-13 – Red Plains Beach Tour #2 (AAU) … register here: https://volleyballlife.com/tournament/2675
- June 19 – Stingray Beach Father Daughter Tour register here: https://volleyballlife.com/tournament/2669
- July 10 – Red Plains Beach Tour #3 … register here: https://volleyballlife.com/tournament/2676
→ Red Plains Beach League Series . All participants must have an AAU membership.
Thursdays May 13 -July 15
Thursday Mornings – 9:00am: 16U & 18U
Thursday Evenings – 6:00pm: 12U & 14U
Cost: $40 per team
Registration: Contact Erin at 405-305-9758 or email@example.com to check for availability.
→ Adult League: