Are you looking to improve your volleyball skills, take your game to a higher competitive level, or just learn the beach game while getting a great workout and having a blast? Whether you are brand new to beach volleyball, or you are a competitive beach player who wants to get to the next level, there is no better or faster way to improve your skills then by training in the sand with Stingray Beach. In 2011 SBVB was started to offer a high level of sand volleyball instruction in a high performance and fun setting for junior girls ages 10 through college. SBVB also leads fitness training for each player.
Plans are underway for season 10! Building on our success in 2019. Training and home tournaments will take place at the Stingray Volleyball Complex, a great setting for the whole family for a day of sand volleyball. Stingray Beach is an official club of AAU Volleyball. We are the first sand club in the state of Oklahoma. Est.2011
Benefits of Playing Beach Volleyball
Stingray Beach offers a tremendous opportunity for juniors to improve their game by becoming proficient in all phases of the game. Instead of training to become the best front row or back row player like many players are forced to while playing the indoor game, you will learn to become proficient at all phases of the game. Sand volleyball strengthens your lower body and your core and the sand’s shock absorption make injuries a lot less likely and less jarring than the indoor game.
We will work with our players on the skills of the game and the strategy of the game. In addition, we will teach you how to think on your feet. Rather than just going to a base position on the court every time you will learn how to think your way through a match and learn to pick up tendencies of your opponents to better defend your side of the court. We look forward to working with your young athletes.
A few fast facts about the upcoming season
- All players must have a current AAU membership. Use club code: WYD9AC
- Group training based on age and level of ability
- Training Schedule
- 18U-16U: Monday-Thursday 9:00 AM-11:00 AM
- 14U-12U: Monday-Thursday 6:00 PM-8:00 PM
- Tournaments cost: $25 – $50 per player
- Training sessions will start Thursday, May 14, 2020
Sessions will end July 23, 2020
- July 1-3 — p1440 Junior National Championship and Clinic in Huntington Beach at PCH & Newland
- AAU Jr. Olympic Beach Nationals July 15-18. Santa Monica, CA
2020 Tournament Schedule
→ Tournament Schedule:
- June 6 – Battle of the Bay (p1440) … register here: https://volleyballlife.com/tournament/635
- June 13 – Red Plains Region I District Qualifier (AAU) … register here: https://volleyballlife.com/tournament/886
- June 20 – OKC Open (p1440) … register here: https://volleyballlife.com/tournament/636
- June 27 – Red Plains Region II Preliminary Qualifier (AAU) … register here: https://volleyballlife.com/tournament/887
- July 11 – Stingray Summer Slam … register here: https://volleyballlife.com/tournament/971
→ Red Plains Beach League Series . All participants must have an AAU membership.
AAU Qualifier: Thursdays June 24-July 25
Thursday Mornings – 9:00am: 16U & 18U
Thursday Evenings – 6:00pm: 12U & 14U
Cost: $40 per team
Registration: Contact Erin at 405-305-9758 or firstname.lastname@example.org to check for availability.
→ Adult League:
©2018 Stingray Volleyball Academy