Join Our Coaching Staff
STINGRAY VOLLEYBALL ACADEMY IS ALWAYS LOOKING FOR QUALIFIED COACHES!
The ideal coach is energetic, eager to learn, and has the ability to teach. If you are new to coaching volleyball, this is a great opportunity to learn from other coaches and develop your skills as a leader. If you’ve coached previously, we’d love to have you join our staff and make a difference in the club!
Stingray Volleyball Academy offers the chance to challenge yourself as a leader, join a family-oriented and collaborative staff, and give back to the sport of volleyball by sharing knowledge and helping players improve their skills.
AS A COACH FOR STINGRAY VOLLEYBALL ACADEMY, YOU CAN EXPECT TO:
- Participate in learning opportunities such as quarterly coach’s meetings and have access to the Oklahoma Region of volleyball’s education resources.
- Learn the rules of the game and develop officiating skills, from line judge to scorer through comprehensive virtual training.
- Make your own schedule- you chose which tournaments your team attends and have say in which nights and where your team practices.
- Have the opportunity to serve in capacities beyond that of coach, such as fundraiser, coach of younger players, sport promoter, referee, or committee member
- Have experience playing volleyball for three or more years.
- Be available to coach the entire volleyball season (Two evenings a week and 10-12 weekend days between November and May)
- Have the ability and passion to lead young athletes in drills designed to improve them as players.
- Feel comfortable working with 8-12 youths at once.
- Basic knowledge of the game of volleyball (individual skills, game strategy, and rules).
- Experience preparing a practice/clinic plan.
Additionally coaches can expect to dedicate a minimum of 5 hours a week to practice, practice planning, and another 5 or more hours on competition days. We expect our coaching staff to be punctual for all scheduled events. This includes scheduled all-club clinics, practices, and tournaments. Tournaments/competition takes place on Saturdays and/or Sundays and usually begins before 8 am. There are generally 10 competition days during the six month season. Lastly, we expect Stingray coaches to display sportsmanship and respect towards competitors and event staff at all times.
These positions are contingent upon applicants passing a mandatory background check, SAFE SPORT and IMPAC Cert. All positions are paid dependent upon skill level of coach. Interested candidates can apply by emailing a brief summary of your skills to Toriano@stingrayvba.com.